- Get Personal: Personalized campaigns are the latest trend in marketing. Technology has made it so we can provide people with very specific results, and audiences are now expecting to see their content (and their advertising) catered to their needs. Advances such as data variable printing and personalized URLs allow us to dynamically pull in each recipient's information and print it on their individual envelope.
- Make it Look Handwritten: According to Helium.com, handwritten envelopes have been proven to improve response rates by 300%. Think about it- When was the last time you received a hand written note? When someone takes the time to actually handwrite your name and address, you're much more likely to take the time to read what they have to say. But if you're mailing to a few hundred people (or more likely several thousand) there's no way you can handwrite that many envelopes (without suffering some serious hand cramps). Luckily with envelope printing and some graphic design work you can create a "handwritten" that look nearly identical to actual handwritten envelopes.
- Don't Give It All Away: If you're looking to increase your response rate, don't tell them all about your special offer right there on the envelope. Then they'll have no reason to open it! Instead, tease them with a line that will pique their curiosity.
- Narrow Your List: You may have a list of 10,000 addresses, which is great. But should every single one of those persons receive this particular letter? By narrowing down your list to those who you think are most likely to respond, you can increase your response rate, as well as save money.
- Include a Pre-Stamped Return Envelope: This letter is specifically for campaigns that require a response by mail. By including a pre-adressed and stamped, you'll increase the likelihood that the recipient will respond. While this specific example may not work for all campaigns, the main takeaway is that you need to make it as easy as possible for users to convert. Whether you need them to visit a website, pick up the phone or mail you an order form, try to eliminate as many obstacles that could prevent this from happening.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
5 Ways Custom Envelopes Can Improve Your Direct Mail Campaign ROI
improve response rates and ROI. But not all direct mail campaigns are created equal. Incorporating custom envelopes can provide a huge boost to your campaign, but there are certain best practices that can help ensure that your campaign is a success: