Envelope copy and design work hand in hand to get mail pieces opened. There are so many options when it comes to custom envelopes, that it can be somewhat difficult to know where to get started. Here are some things to think about when designing your envelopes:
- Consider using a non standard size envelope. The higher cost may worth it as it will stand out among standard sized envelopes.
- Test color. Try mailing the same piece to the same audience in a plain white envelope and again in a blue one (or any other color). Keep everything else about the mailing the same.
- Try using variable data/personal data on the outer envelope to customize copy and images.
- Use the back flap for your call to action.
- Test the use of involvement devices, such as peel off stickers.
- Use teaser copy to promote a major benefit or offer, or ask an intriguing question that is answered inside the envelope.