Bland looking mailings are not working on today’s savvy consumers. Instead, recent advances in printing and production that enhance your custom envelope with personalized messages and four color printing have made the envelope in direct mail marketing a very pertinent and powerful tool. Here are some tips from marketing experts in creating a custom envelope that will be opened:
- The more information you can put on the outside of the envelope, without having it look funky, the more likely it will be opened.
- An envelope with message and graphics on the front is more likely to be opened than one with graphics and text on the back.
- Your audience is more likely to open a mail piece with color text and graphics, compared to a plain white envelope without messaging.
- Relevance is also very important. If the message is meaningful to the recipient, you’re more likely to get a positive response.
- Placing a QR code on an envelope can take recipients directly to your company’s home page.